Exploring the Halakahic, Historical and Spritual Connections Between Hanukkah and Sukkot
given by Rabbi Nathaniel Helfgot, Rebbi, YCT Rabbinical School. For more information, please go to www.yctorah.org
Prizes! $50 gift certificates to Eichlers.com.
Winners will get their essays published online at www.oukosher.org.
Grand prize winners will be invited to record their essays on OUKosher Radio.
Deadline for entries: March 7, 2008.
More information here.
- Leaking Ship: Young Israel On The Rocks - MUST READ
- Fifth Year Scholarship Stays Capped Despite Growing Popularity
- YU Holds Florida Conference for Rabbis, Lay Leaders
- Remembering a Friend: Mr. Joseph Ellenberg A"H
- Yeshiva University Interim Report in Response to the Middle States Commission
- Editorial: A Not-So-Yeshiva College - i.e., IBC stinks (I disagree)
- Editorial: The End Of Plausible Deniability
- Opinion: Calculating Proficiency - A student complains about not being able to use a calculator for a math test. Cry me a river!
- Opinion: Combining YU and Stern, Dr. Berger, and Torah u-Madda - Advocating listening to your opponents, an important life skill to learn.
- Opinion: A Real Yeshiva - Free speech vs. showing respect. My view: if the two are in conflict then you aren't writing with sufficient sensitivity.
(Announce your simchah or Torah lectures by clicking on the button in the top right corner of Hirhurim. See here for readership statistics.)