There is a new issue available of Meorot - A Forum of Modern Orthodox Discourse (formerly the Edah Journal):
- Editor's Introduction by Eugene Korn
- Farteitcht un Farbessert (On "Correcting" Maimonides) by Menachem Kellner
- Ethics and Warfare Revisited by Gerald J. Blidstein and Michael J. Broyde
I didn't get this stream-of-consciousness article. Dr. Blidstein is a brilliant scholar but I can't make heads or tails of what he wrote in response to an article by R. Broyde in a previous issue. I give R. Broyde credit for managing to find something in this article to respond to.
- Women's Eligibility to Write Sifrei Torah by Jen Taylor Friedman (apparently an argument that women may halakhically write Torah scrolls
- A Response to "Women's Eligibility to Write Sifrei Torah" by Dov Linzer (R. Linzer argues that woman may NOT write Torah scrolls)
- Authority and Validity: Why Tanakh Requires Interpretation, and What Makes an Interpretation Legitimate? by Moshe Sokolow
- Maimonides Contra Kabbalah: A Review of Maimonides’ Confrontation with Mysticism by Menachem Kellner by James A. Diamond
I found this review of Menachem Kellner's recent book to be interesting in that it validated my belief that R. Soloveitchik was essentially a kabbalist who utilized Maimonidean thought rather than the other way around.