Friday, November 24, 2006

Agudah on Blogs

I just got back from the Agudah convention and I'm tired. I need to digest what was said before posting anything in detail. In short:

- Very little direct mention of blogs.

- R. Ephraim Wachsman made a number of statements that imply he knows very well what topics are discussed on blogs. I think he might have dinged me twice, but I'm not sure. [Once, if it was a reference to my recent post on the Rambam, is an understandable misunderstanding because I have not yet said, but will be"H soon be saying, "Eis la'asos la-Shem" on the subject.]

- R. Matisyahu Salomon was surprisingly restrained.

- Both R. Chaim Dovid Zwiebel and R. Matisyahu Salomon offered explicit statements of general tolerance, R. Zwiebel in saying "Aseh lekha rav" and R. Matisyahu Salomon in saying that questions and critiques that are respectful are acceptable [I think that's what R. Salomon said. I have to listen to a recording -- which I have -- to verify.]

- Clearly, a certain blogger was the villain of the evening. I won't name him, but let's just say that he goes by a three-letter acronym containing two vowels. I looked around but did not see that blogger there.

That's it for now. B"n more over the next few days.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More