Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Matisyahu: Formal Apology

I wrote this post about the singer Matisyahu last week but it seems that since then he's been getting some pretty harsh reviews in the media. It looks to me like I kicked him while he was down and added salt to his wounds. OK, chances are he doesn't read this blog. But if it does come to his attention, then all I can do is apologize for my bad timing. Professional critics, the people who write arts reviews in various publications, can be pretty harsh at times. But cheer up, because in my limited experience critical reviews are poor predictors of popularity and success. And, when all is said and done, you do what you do because that's who you are, not because of what the critics say. Ignore them or, better, try to learn what you can from them and improve where appropriate. And where not, ignore them.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More