Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Disengagement

I finally understand the point of Gush Katif residents remaining in their homes. They are demonstrating to the world their love of the land of Israel and that they won't leave without a struggle (a struggle but not a fight). The images and sounds emerging from there are heart-wrenching. May they see comfort in the near future.

How anyone can take seriously the pronouncements of holy Kabbalists in Israel who declared that the Disengagement will not take place, I don't know (I, II, III, IV). If he/they had meant it as a mere rhetorical flourish, like saying "We shall not be moved" when everyone knows that you will be moved, then I could understand. But that's not what it seems like to me (nor to this foolish lady).

And, finally, unfortunately, prayer does not always help (I, II, III, IV, V).


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More