Friday, January 14, 2005

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another Hundred Thousand

I started this blog as a way of easily responding to a Conservative friend who, I believe, was misrepresenting Jewish tradition. After that volley of posting, I found that I had enjoyed posting to this blog and I continued. I never thought I would keep it going for this long. Nor did I think that I would receive the positive reaction that I did. To my continued shock (and awe), this blog has reached far beyond the readership I had ever even considered.

To date, I have received feedback on blog posts from professors at five universities, including one chairman of a department, two roshei yeshivah, three instructors at post-high school yeshivas, the editors of two Orthodox journals and one posek, one dayan and countless pulpit rabbis. I remain stunned at the reception.

As we reached the 100,000th hit this week (and well surpassed it, thanks to a brand-new controversy), I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers who decide to come and read what I have to say. In particular, the commenters deserve special thanks because they are an integral part of what makes this blog enjoyable and informative. The quality of commenters we have on Hirhurim is remarkable, and I thank you for that.

I pray that we continue learning from each other and growing as ovdei Hashem.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More