Monday, December 20, 2004

Blau on the Prowl

R. Yitzi Blau published a critique in The Edah Journal of Dr. Alan Brill's earlier article "Judaism in Culture." I don't quite get what Dr. Brill says, but it seems to me that R. Blau is making cogent arguments and Dr. Brill is just responding with statements that are all over the place and not really relevant. I assume that it's just me, but Dr. Brill just seems to be spouting a lot of gobbledy-gook words that sound good but don't make much sense when put together.

Also, I saw an early copy of this section and the next issue of The Torah U-Mada Journal (forthcoming in a matter of weeks) has R. Blau responding to letters about an earlier article of his in which he tears the letter-writers to pieces.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More