Monday, September 20, 2004

Random Thoughts

1. Wouldn't you know it, someone pulled a "birshus ba'alas ha-bayis" at my parents' house over the holiday. This guy was sitting in my row on Rosh Hashanah so I know that he got to shul 2 hours late, during the Torah reading.

2. There is an article in Jewish Action by a divorced woman about the indignities and insensitivities she and her children have suffered in the Jewish community. The thought of this socially awkward man upon reading the essay was that nothing I say or do will ever be sufficiently sensitive so I am better off avoiding divorced families. I assume that this was not the desired outcome, but sensitivity is a two-way street.

3. Take note transliterators: The words are bitul and batel. Please act accordingly.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More