Monday, June 16, 2008

Audio Roundup II

The following is the second post in a new feature that highlights recent Torah audio lectures that are available online. This is just a taste of what audio lectures are available online (for free) based on what I think will interest this blog's readers. Right now I am only listing lectures that are on YU Torah, KMTT and OU Radio because I think they are the most relevant and provide easy access to the newest lectures. It is important for me to note that I am not listening to all of the lectures. I simply don't have the time. I am basing my selections on my knowledge of the speaker and the topic.

I am looking for a volunteer to continue this feature on a weekly basis. Please contact me via e-mail.

  • R. Hanan Balk on "The Abravanel's Understanding of the Snake and the Fall of Man--The Boundaries of Legitimate Biblical Interpretation" (link).

  • R. Zvi Sobolofsky on "Praying for the Sick" (link)

  • R. Shmuel Marcus' mussar shmuess on "Yom Yerushalayim" (link)

  • R. Meir Goldwicht on "Yom Yerushalayim" (link)

  • Steve Savitsky interviews various rabbis about Yom Yerushalayim (link)

  • R. Jacob Schacter on "Tisha B’Av, the Holocaust and the State of Israel" (link)

  • R. Hershel Schachter on the "Shavuos and the Ten Commandments" (link)

  • R. Yonason Sacks on Shavuos (link)

  • R. Dovid Gottlieb on "Davening for Someone Else" (link)

  • R. Yonatan Kolatch on Parshanut Through the Lens of Jewish History (link)

  • R. Zvi Sobolofsky on "Can a Kohen Be a Doctor?" (link)

  • R. Moshe Taragin on "Character and Ethics" (IV, V)

  • R. Ezra Bick on the "Structure of Tefillah" (IV, V, VI)

  • R. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb teaches lessons from Rav Kook (link)

  • Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More