Thursday, May 29, 2008

Audio Roundup

The following is the first post in a new feature that highlights recent Torah audio lectures that are available online. Let me explain how I envision this feature so readers understand. This is generally for newly posted lectures because there are countless lectures that are already online. This is not for lectures on the weekly Torah portion or Gemara classes. And it is not intended to be comprehensive. It is just a taste of what is out there based on what I think will interest this blog's readers. Right now I am only listing lectures that are on YU Torah, KMTT and OU Radio because I think they are the most relevant and provide easy access to the newest lectures. It is important for me to note that I am not listening to all of the lectures. I simply don't have the time. I am basing my selections on my knowledge of the speaker and the topic.

Click here to read moreI am looking for a volunteer to continue this feature on a weekly basis. Please contact me via e-mail.

  • Another installment ("Saving the Animals") in R. Dovid Gottlieb's shiurim on "Bereishis: A Study of Text, Tradition, and Theology" (link), previous lectures: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

  • The latest class by Dr. Shai Secunda (a recent student of Dr. Yakov Elman and an expert on Iranian history during the Talmudic period) on interfaith disputation in the Talmudic period (link), prior lectures: I, II

  • R. Adam Mintz on providing medical treatment to Gentiles on Shabbos (link)

  • R. Yosie Levine on "Scribes and Scrolls: A Modern Orthodox Approach to Biblical Criticism" (link)

  • R. Dani Rapp's series of lectures on the Messianic Era: I, II, III, IV, V

  • R. Eliakim Koenigsberg on price fraud (link)

  • R. Ezra Schwartz on shemitah and medicine (link

  • R. Moshe Taragin on "Character and Ethics": I, II, III

  • R. Ezra Bick on the "Structure of Tefillah": I, II, III

  • R. Yosef Grossman on "Shmita and Cell Phones" (link)

  • R. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb teaches lessons from Rav Kook (link)

  • Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More