Friday, December 21, 2007

Resurrection, Shovavim and Organ Transplants in Queens

  1. R. Yonatan Kaganoff writes about Shovavim Tat: link

  2. R. Daniel Z. Feldman to speak about "Halachic Issues Involving Organ Transplants" in Congregation Ahavas Yisroel in Kew Gardens Hills on December 25th, 10:00 AM (link). R. Feldman is the author of The Right and the Good: Halakhah and Human Relations.

  3. R. Shlomo Aviner answered on the radio:
    Spouses during the Resurrection of the Dead

    Q: If someone was married to two different people during his or her lifetime who will they be with after the Resurrection of the Dead?

    A: There is a responsum of a certain Rav in which there was a young woman who married a wonderful man who died relatively young. The young women did not want to marry again. She said, "Why should I get married to someone else? During the Resurrection of the Dead I will be married to my second husband, and my first husband is more dear to me than anything. I prefer to remain a widow all of my life and then be married to my true soul-mate." They asked the Rabbi: Who will be the true spouse – the first or the second? At first the Rabbi did not want to answer. He said that it is forbidden to answer a halachic question before someone who is greater than him in wisdom. Since this is a question of the Resurrection of the Dead, at that time there will be greater Rabbis than there are now, it is therefore forbidden for me to answer. If there are questions that arise now - what can we do? We have to answer them. Questions that have to do with the future, however, we leave for the greater Rabbis. Other Sages said that this is true, but this is all before the "Zohar" was revealed. After the "Zohar" was revealed, it contains the answer to our question. Regarding a Jewish servant, the verse says, "If he arrives by himself, he leaves by himself; if he is the husband of a woman, his wife leaves with him" (Shemot 21:3). This means that he enters the Resurrection of the Dead with his wife – his true wife. It can be the first spouse or the second spouse. It is the true spouse – the most successful marriage.
    (From the Rav Aviner Yahoo! Group: link)

  4. I'll add my voice wishing mazal tov to my recently discovered distant cousin, Yanky Leb, in his new endeavor: link


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More