Friday, March 18, 2005

Browser Wars

For a few months now, I've been using three browsers in parallel: Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox.

I like Netscape the best--by far--for two reasons:

1. Adware and spyware seem to work mainly on IE. When I use either Netscape or Firefox, I get almost no pop-ups at all. I hate pop-ups and the anti-pop-up software I use is never 100% successful. When I use Netscape or Firefox I have no problem but the moment I start IE the pop-ups start coming.

2. Netscape has this feature where you can create tabs within the same window so you can look at different websites without opening new windows. You can then use the familiar Excel keyboard short-cuts to navigate from one tab to another. I really like that.

The preceding was an unsolicited and unpaid advertisement for Netscape, my favorite internet browser.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More