Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Work It Out

It's the day before Thanksgiving and things are slow... As I took out my lunch and patted my ever-increasing stomach, I remembered reading this article on Aish.com a few years ago. At the time, I nearly choked when I read this sentence:

I know a number of rabbis who have memberships at the gym and work out on a regular basis.
I know many, many rabbis. But I don't know a single rabbi with a gym membership, much less one who actually uses that membership. Granted, people don't generally advertise such things. But honestly, come on! Look around you, for crying out loud.

When I read it, I thought that maybe Aish HaTorah in Jerusalem has some sort of gym facility that the rabbis there use, presumably for kiruv purposes.


That's it. Nothing profound in this post.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More